Young Leaders Visitors Programme in Sweden
Are you a leader with a vision? Do you want to make a change? Young Leaders Visitors Programme (YLVP) is a leadership programme for people who want to work for positive change in society – and in themselves. If you are open-minded and want a real learning challenge, apply for a seat among the YLVP. The call for applications is open between 9 November and 5 December.
YLVP aims to support young leaders in the MENA-region and Sweden by giving them the tools and methods they need in their work for an equal and sustainable society. All participants are experts in their field, and learning will take place between participants and through external experts. YLVP is as much about personal as professional development. It is about growing as a person with renewed confidence and insights, and growing as a leader with new tools, methods and perspectives.
The programme is an intense training based on real experiences and collaborative learning. The contents of the programme will vary from year to year as it is the particular expertise and experience of the participants that will largely determine the topics dealt with. The following broader issues will however always be cenral: value-based leadership and group development; democracy and human rights for a more equal and sustainable society; networks and the digital world. Participants will learn by participating in interactive sessions with facilitators, exchanging experiences, doing practical exercises and finding common solutions to global and/or common challenges.
You can apply to YLVP if you:
- Have a leading position in your work for social change (for example in your work as a civil servant, a youth politician, a legal worker, a journalist, a social worker, a social entrepreneur or a cultural worker).
- Work in a collaborative setting, where you have a leadership role (formal or informal)
- Are working actively for democracy, sustainability, diversity and/or human rights
- Are between 22 and 32 years old (born 1985 – 1996)
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- Are a citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine*, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen.
- Can take part in all parts of the programme
- Are prepared to forward competences and knowledge you gain from the programme.
Deadline: 5th December, 2017
Source: Oya Opportunities