Fully Funded AMENDS Conference at Oxford University
Program Date: 28th June- 2nd July, 2018
Venue: Oxford University
The American Middle Eastern Network for Dialogue at Stanford (AMENDS) is a collaborative student-led initiative interested in the promotion of understanding and respect around the Middle East, and the support of a generation of leaders who are working to ignite concrete social and economic development in the MENA region.
- be 18 – 28 years old.
- have innovative ideas and well thought-out initiatives that could affect positive change in the world.
- have initiatives addressing political, social, or economic issues pertaining to the Middle East in innovative ways.
- demonstrate the potential to further understanding between the respective regions and demonstrate potential to influence American-Middle Eastern affairs.
Delegates will be selected based on the level of their dedication to promoting change in the MENA region and/or in U.S.- MENA relations. AMENDS will also heavily consider the past experiences and backgrounds of each delegate that will enable him/her to contribute a unique perspective to the conference, in order to ensure a rich, diverse group of delegates.
- Present a 10-12 minute video talk about their initiative at AMENDS conference. Hosted on our channel, these talks have over 70,000 people.
- Attend a networking dinner.
- Attend workshops and talks at the conference. In the past, this has included a talk by Prince Moulay Hicham, a workshop on presenting by the Stanford Graduate School of Business, and a workshop on design thinking by the Stanford d.school.
- Join and take leadership in the AMEND Fellows Network, a self-sustaining network of 120 former delegates. For the past 3 years, a separate conference has been held annually for fellows at Koç University in Istanbul, Turkey.
Deadline: 15th December, 2017