Danish Government Scholarship 2018 in Denmark
The Danish Government Scholarships under the Cultural Agreements are aimed at highly qualified exchange students wishing to immerse themselves in studies of the Danish language and culture or other fields of study related to Denmark.
The Danish Ministry of Higher Education and Science is in charge of research and education above high school/upper secondary school. The ministry has also been known as the “Ministry of Science, Innovation and Higher Education”, the “Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation of Denmark”, the “Science Ministry”, the “Research Ministry”, and the “Ministry of Research and Technology”.
- Scholarships include free tuition and a monthly stipend of DKK 6,500.
- Some Danish higher education institutions may choose to charge a fee in conjunction with PhD courses.
- Danish Government Scholarships can be used to cover travel, visa, accommodation, food, and other living expenses.
- The scholarships are for one person only. Additional amounts for accompanying family members are not available.
- Scholarships are only available to master’s and ph.d.-level students. However, bachelor’s degree students wishing to study Danish language and literature can also apply if they have studied the Danish language for two years.
- Scholarships are only offered to students enrolled in full-degree studies at higher education institutions in the countries listed
- Applications from candidates affiliated with higher education institutions in countries other than those listed will not be taken into consideration
- Participants may be liable to pay tax on their scholarship in the Kingdom of Denmark. Therefore, scholarship recipients should contact the local tax authorities for an individual assessment.
- Danish is the normal language of instruction at institutions of higher education in Denmark, but more and more institutions offer courses in English or in another foreign language or have special arrangements for non-Danish students.
Deadline: 1st March 2018